Style Guide: 10 Essential Autumn Dining Table Accessories
Leaves are tumbling from the sky, and temperatures are growing crisp enough to leave your windows open at night. You may have already invited a pumpkin-related ingredient into a recipe, and you’re likely to invite family and good friends over for brunch, a Halloween party, perhaps even a Thanksgiving celebration.
There’s something about the way the light changes at this time of year that calls for warm colors rather than cool—chocolate and copper, burnt orange and burnished apple—and cozy touches.
If you’re looking to shift décor gears for the season, here are 10 easy-to-add accessories to style your dining room and kitchen this fall:
1. Large Monterey Copper Bowl: Because those fresh-picked apples (or fresh-fallen pine cones) can’t go in just any old bowl.
2. Copper Utensil Holder: A countertop essential, all the more essential at this time of year, when baking utensils should be kept within reach.
3. Rectangular Rush Basket: Wicker, rattan and all things made of woven grass are back, and this basket will hold everything from cookbooks to sweet potatoes.
4. A plaid throw: For tossing over a dining room bench or the back of a barstool.
5. Copper Napkin Rings: Elevate a place setting with a napkin ring hand-made from a timeless, earthy material.
7. Copper Lazy Susan: In 12”, 20”, 30” or 36”, this is a classic dining accessory that makes passing the pie easier and even more fun this time of year. (No longer available in Acacia, as shown above)
8. Spanish Garden Tile Coasters: Hot toddy, apple cider, whiskey straight-up. Whatever your autumn libation of choice, rest it on one of these.
|9. Copper Spoon Rest: With so many soups to make and cookies to bake, this spoon rest will keep your counter tidy.|
10. White pumpkins: Counteract all those rust, red and orangey hues with a table centerpiece of crisp white pumpkins from your local farmers market.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive style guides and tips right in your inbox!